Teach Your Kids About Patriotism.
The next generation will shape this land long after we’re gone. One of the best ways to ensure that the United States remains the world’s greatest nation is to instill our American values and traditions into our children.
Online, you can share the message of USA Flag Site and these other patriotic sites with them.
American Flag Etiquette
Federal law stipulates many aspects of flag etiquette. The section of law dealing with American Flag etiquette is generally referred to as the Flag Code. Some general guidelines from the Flag Code answer many of the most common questions:
- The flag should be lighted at all times, either by sunlight or by an appropriate light source.
- The flag should be flown in fair weather, unless the flag is designed for inclement weather use.
- The flag should never be dipped to any person or thing. It is flown upside down only as a distress signal.
- The flag should not be used for any decoration in general. Bunting of blue, white and red stripes is available for these purposes. The blue stripe of the bunting should be on the top.
- The flag should never be used for any advertising purpose. It should not be embroidered, printed or otherwise impressed on such articles as cushions, handkerchiefs, napkins, boxes, or anything intended to be discarded after temporary use. Advertising signs should not be attached to the staff or halyard.
- The flag should not be used as part of a costume or athletic uniform, except that a flag patch may be used on the uniform of military personnel, fireman, policeman and members of patriotic organizations.
- The flag should never have any mark, insignia, letter, word, number, figure, or drawing of any kind placed on it, or attached to it.
- The flag should never be used for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.
- When the flag is lowered, no part of it should touch the ground or any other object; it should be received by waiting hands and arms. To store the flag it should be folded neatly and ceremoniously.
- The flag should be cleaned and mended when necessary.
- When a flag is so worn it is no longer fit to serve as a symbol of our country, it should be destroyed by burning in a dignified manner.
Read a more comprehensive set of flagetiquette rules for Display of the American Flag.
Our goal is to do our small part to inspire pride in this great country of ours. If you have suggestions or comments for us, we’d appreciate your dropping us a note by clicking here.
If you’d like to spread the word and help others find USA Flag Site, you can link to us (USA Flag) from your web site.
USA FLAG SITE http://www.usa-flag-site.org/
Betsy Ross and the American Flag
Recent Posts / Stories
WE WON AGAIN! 3rd YEAR IN A ROW!
WE THE KIDS - WON AGAIN! 3RD THE YEAR IN A ROW!
Award-Winning Entertainer of the Year! DEE ROCK “TIME FOR LIVING!”
I'm thrilled and honored to be a nominee at the 2023 Red Carpet Award Show in the Netherlands I'll be performing at the award show being held at the Van der Valk Theater in Ermelo [...]
Saint Nicholas & Origins of Secret Gift-Giving! – American Minute with Bill Federer
December 05, 2022 • Saint Nicholas & the Origins of Secret Gift-Giving! - American Minute with Bill Federer “Eighty-six years have I have served him, and he has done me no wrong. How can I [...]
WTK TEEN VIEW Be encouraged!
"WTK Teens Engaging in the Election!" Be encouraged! Youth are standing in the gap! The boys have been phone banking for Lori Mills (CA State Assembly District 42) WE THE KIDS LIBERTY PLAYERS, Lani team [...]
hi evryone…lo que es un maravilloso sitio web
¡Gracias por tu comentario!
The red on the flag means courage!
the red on the flag means courage